Over the years it has been established that content is a key success factor in online marketing. We have all heard of this popular quote by Bill Gates “Content is King“.
In this post I share 10 quotes from renowned marketers and business leaders who have made their mark on the web.
1. “The main goal of content strategy is to use words and data to create unambiguous content that supports meaningful, interactive experiences. We have to be experts in all aspects of communication in order to do this effectively.” – Rachel Lovinger, Content Strategy Director, Razorfish
2. “Spending energy to understand the audience and carefully crafting a message that resonates with them means making a commitment of time and discipline to the process.” – Nancy Duarte, President & CEO, Duarte Design
3. “Remarkable social media content and great sales copy are pretty much the same — plain spoken words designed to focus on the needs of the reader, listener, or viewer.” – Brian Clark, Founder, Copyblogger
4. “Your culture is your brand.” – Tony Hsieh, CEO, Zappos.com
5. “Let your originality – your specialness, your brand personality – come through in your online content.” – Ann Handley & C.C. Chapman, Author, Content Rules
6. “Don’t find customers for your products; find products for your customers.” – Seth Godin, Best-Selling Author
7. “My theory is that in the age of the internet, it’s what you write, not where you write it, that matters.” – Dan Lyons, Marketing Fellow, HubSpot
8. “In today’s information age of Marketing and Web 2.0, a company’s website is the key to their entire business.” – Marcus Sheridan, Author, The Sales Lion Blog
9. “Quality, relevant content can’t be spotted by an algorithm. You can’t subscribe to it. You need people – actual human beings – to create or curate it.” – Kristina Halvorson, Content Strategy for the Web
10. “Content isn’t King, it’s the Kingdom.” – Lee Odden, TopRank Marketing
What would make your 10 unforgettable quotes? Please share with me.