If you are looking for a social media network plaform for just your staff members, Yammer could be the solution you have been looking for.
Yammer is an enterprise social networking platform that forms part of Microsoft’s Office Division. Microsoft bought the platform from Yammer, Inc. in 2012 for $1.2 billion.
According to the team from Yammers, this platform
empowers employees to be more productive and successful by enabling them to collaborate easily, make smarter decisions faster, and self-organize into teams to take on any challenges. It is a new way of working that naturally drives business alignment and agility, reduces cycle times, engages employees and improves relationships with customers and partners.
Yammer possesses the following capabilities for businesses:
- Yammer allows employees to organize meetings and events (add to email calendar), share them with coworkers. In addition, through responses from employees, it makes it easy to monitor attendance;
- It allows your company to know who reports to whom within the organization in the form of visual charts;
- Employees’ user profiles are connected to their level of knowledge and skills in particular fields, so it becomes easy to know who to contact internally in problem solving situations;
- Group management comes in handy, allowing for easy client campaign administration on content, reports, projects and feedback from team members;
- Growth and personal development for your staff through mentorship among team members or even outside groups;
- Access and make use of previous design and project files through its search facility.
The Basic Yammer is free for all users. So you can at least try it out to be sure your business needs a platform like that.
The Yammer Enterprise starts from $3 per user per month.
You can also upgrade to the Yammer Enterprise with Office 365 (Microsoft’s cloud version of Office), which starts from $8 per user per month.