Amazon has announced that the Lightning Deals, 7-Day Deals, and Vouchers/Coupons submission window for Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Early Black Friday Deals 2021 is now open.
Ecommerce businesses selling on Amazon can now submit their products for the chance to have their deals selected to run in the upcoming events.
November 8, 2021 to November 14, 2021: Early Black Friday Deals Week 1
November 15, 2021 to November 21, 2021: Early Black Friday Deals Week 2
November 22, 2021 to November 28, 2021: Black Friday Week (48-hour Black Friday, November 25, 2021 to November 26, 2021)
November 29, 2021 to December 5, 2021: Cyber Monday Week
Sellers have up to October 8th, 2021 to submit for Black Friday and Cyber Monday weeks. The deadline for submissions for Early Black Friday Deals is 2-weeks before the event start date. Businesses are therefore advised to act fast and submit their Deals now for a chance to be considered.
Note that you can run your 7-Day deals only every other week and Lightning Deals once per week. Lightning Deals and 7-Day Deals cannot run in the same week. Recommendations for our Q4 Events 2021 will change weekly. It is not guaranteed to be available the following week. There are no restrictions on re-runs for Vouchers/Coupons.
How to submit your offers?
For Lightning Deals and 7 Day Deals;
- Login to your account and go to Deals Dashboard ie. Advertising >> Deals.
- Click Create a new Deal, choose Lightning Deal or 7-Day Deal as type/duration filter,
- Select a product among your recommendations and click Select,
- Choose the event/event week and click continue to next steps. If you don’t see any recommendation or you don’t see a specific event, your products are not eligible to run as a Lightning Deal/7-Day Deal or in that specific event (verify that your account status is not set to “on vacation”.)
For Vouchers/Coupons (EU):
- Login to your account and go to the Vouchers Dashboard ie. Advertising >> Vouchers.
- Click Create a new Voucher, and select dates aligned with the event. NB: Voucher must be set up at least 1 day in advance.
Note that all inventory must be received at an Amazon Fulfillment Center (FC) by November 5, 2021.
Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2020 Numbers
Consumers spent $9 billion on the web the day after Thanksgiving, up 21.6% year over year, according to Adobe, which analyzes website transactions from 80 of the top 100 U.S. online retailers.
Online sales reached $10.8 billion on Cyber Monday, the biggest U.S. e-commerce day ever, Adobe says. Holiday shoppers spent $10.8 billion on Cyber Monday, up 15.1% from a year ago, setting a record for the largest U.S. online shopping day ever, according to Adobe. – Source: CNBC