Mobile marketing is the most powerful medium businesses can use to grow their markets today. The power of social media marketing is relevant, immediate and massive. It is a rather easy way for any business owner, regardless of the size of business they run, to stay in meaningful contact with their existing and potential customers.
It therefore makes faultless sense for businesses to invest part of their resources to enhance social media marketing. One of the easiest tools to use in this domain is mobile applications and highly responsive websites.
More and more of our interaction online occurs on mobile devices. Over five billion mobile subscribers – about 77% of the world’s population are online (Source: The International Telecommunication Union).
Mobile marketing gives the The user far more advantages, such as lower cost, customization, easy tracking and so on, thereby reducing manpower and yet giving the entrepreneur better business benefits and profits.
Deciding to go for mobile app or mobile website?
One of the basic challenges a small business has is whether to go for a mobile app or a mobile website, or even both. It is safe to say that both have their benefits and for a stronger mobile presence, both are recommended.
The difference between a mobile website and an app is that of a website needs to be accessed through a mobile browser while an app is downloaded through the device-specific portals. It is imperative to note however that an app may not be supported in all devices whereas it is not the case with mobile websites.
The main point when deciding over a mobile website or an app is the objective of having an online presence. If your objective is to reach a wide market with a lot of content, a mobile website is suggested. On the other hand, if the objective is to target a specific segment of the market, mobile app is the most suitable.
Benefits of mobile websites and apps to customers and businesses
For the customer
- Portable: In today’s world, people like to use handy gadgets. Phones are becoming smaller, manageable and easy to carry. Customers want to be on their phones at any time. Mobile apps and websites afford them this opportunity.
- Convenient: Since the screen size of a wholesale mlb jerseys mobile phone is small, it limits the scope of content that can be displayed. This makes it convenient for the creators of the content, who can keep it basic and simple. Also, simpler content will adapt itself better to various mobile platforms. Customers end up enjoying the suitable nature of the content.
- Omnipresent: The power of mobile websites and apps is that it is available at all time and at any place. That is to say that it is available from America to Zimbabwe cheap mlb jerseys (From A to Z). It is not only available to the privilege cheap mlb jerseys few, but all since mobile phones are becoming cheaper globally.
- Fun: What is more important is the pleasure that comes with mobile apps while browsing. Marketing becomes entertaining, amusing and enjoyable which are the main ingredients to attracting customers to a website.
- Pervasive: To be able to promote and create awareness of existing and new products and services the company has to offer.
- Intimate: Businesses are able to stay attached to their customers even after the service has been offered to them. This helps television them to provide after sales services to their customers.
- Socially enabled: Mobile apps and websites provide unprecedented opportunity for you to stay connected with your customers, be it potential or existing. The user friendly nature of these apps makes it appealing to customers. This helps to stay in touch with customers while promoting your brand and thus outwit your competitors. This will in the long run turn to generate profit for the business
- User guaranteed: Like most people, customers will likely forget the majority of billboards they pass on Publish their way home or office just because they may be driving or tired. Mobile apps, however, provide a form of advertising that they can carry in their pocket and can use at a time that suits them. The good news for business owners is that this new form of marketing via mobile apps and websites is growing fast with no sign of slowing down.
- Word of mouth: The ease with which mobile marketing messages can be shared increases the potential for your message to be shared with new audiences/potential customers at no cost to you, thereby making it viral.
The future of Mobile apps and mobile websites
The mobile app and web are no longer a theory. Today, they are in fact a mainstream reality that will impact any organization that aims to communicate with their target audiences online. Most leading industry analysts project that within a few short years, mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common Web access device worldwide. The responsibility now falls on website owners to take advantage of the unique opportunities mobile offers for connecting with the growing number of visitors who will inevitably access their website on mobile devices.
Based on Aliza Sherman’s presentation on SlideShare.